Yoga Teacher Training YAI 250H
Marga Yoga and Holistic Yoga work together to offer a comprehensive training program for yoga teachers. This program is inspired by the classic Hatha Yoga and Raga Yoga with emphasis in the psychological and psychosomatic interpretation of postures (asanas) and breathing and in the therapeutic approach of asanas in order to balance body and mind. This program is aimed at people who want to teach or experience yoga in depth. Within 10 months they will transform their body, improve breathing and concentration and also understand the spiritual background of the science of yoga, so that they are able to transmit this knowledge.
This training course is only the beginning of a long journey of self-knowledge, self-realization and transformation through the application of an integrated system of philosophy yoga, in real life.
– All participants who complete the program will be given a certificate of studies and certification of Yoga Alliance International (YAI 250H).
- 20 & 21 November 2021
- 18 & 19 December 2021
- 29 & 30 January 2022
- 26 & 27 February 2022
- 26 & 27 March 2022
- 16 & 17 April 2022
- 28 & 29 May 2022
- 3,4 & 5 June 2022
- 1,2 & 3 July 2022
• 200 basic asanas, standing, sitting, supine, inverted, detailed description and variations of asanas
• Yamas and Niyamas – The Eight Fold Path of Yoga
• Mudras, bandas, mantras
• History of yoga and the different types
• Basic philosophical texts of yoga and yoga sutras
• Principles of Vinyasa Yoga
• Course structure and teaching techniques
• Energy Anatomy & Chakras
• Vipasana Meditation
• Yoga nidra
• Practical training
• Essay 5,000 words
Guide to Basic Course
- Course lasts for 10 months and all the material is designed for online and offline teaching
- Teaching will take place one weekend a month and requires attendance of Marga’s classes 3 times a week (on-line attendance is available)
- The exams take place 3 months after the end of the training at Marga Yoga & Breathwork, with examiners Paschalia Kasidou and Stella Fysika
- For the 200-hour degree, an essay of about 5,000 words should be submitted, in a Word document with a font size of 11, on a topic that you choose along with the instructors.
- You should also carry out 20 hours of practical teaching. This is done in the following ways: a) you can teach in Marga’s classes, if there are available slots, with a teacher’s supervision every 4 lessons, b) you can create your own practice class, with a symbolic fee for your students and you will have to deliver one recorded lesson per 4 lessons for commentary by the teachers of our faculty.
- Throughout the training and practice, attendance is required of Marga’s classes, 2-3 hours per week
- Those who attend the training online, by choice, will have to attend 30% of the hours in person, i.e. 6 educational days
- In case there is a lockdown mandate on live group classes due to the covid-19 pandemic, all two-day training and exams will be held online
Deepening YAI 500H
Start in November 2022
This deepening is addressed to teachers who hold a recognized 200-hour yoga degree from any certification body.
In this training we will combine all the knowledge of basic 200H training with our understanding of physiology and pathology and our critical thinking, so that we can use different elements of Yoga to treat the body and mind.
Understanding physiology is the primary purpose of this training, because it helps us to apply the properties of Yoga for the prevention and treatment of ailments.
In addition, you will learn a practical understanding of yoga’s relationship with physical anatomy.
The purpose of this training is to give more specialized teaching and treatment techniques, variations and adaptations of asana, as well as familiarity with the use of props.
Specifically, the trainees will:
-understand the student’s ailment by understanding the mental and emotional load of each student
-use a central idea to unify their lessons
-teach using hand corrections
-adapt the positions to the needs of the specific population
-adapt their teaching based on body type, injuries and specific needs of each student
-create a relationship of trust with their students
-understand the learning and treatment process of students
-to heal themselves by adopting a new model of life
-deeply understand the path of Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga
While touching the body, the teaching is also touching the soul, while creating a deep and sincere relationship between the teacher and the student.
Indicative Course curriculum
- Deep understanding of anatomy
- Deep understanding of the physiology of all the 7 systems of the body
- Study of the centre of gravity and stretching
- Specialized anatomy on asanas
- Musculoskeletal disorders per part of the body and their treatment with the use of props and variations of asanas
- Mental illnesses and their treatment with pranayama and meditation techniques
- Pathology by emotional center (chakra) and therapeutic practices
- Adjustment techniques
- Teaching, methodology and course integration techniques
- Pranic body and emotional centers
- Experiential exercises for understanding Yoga Sutras
- Finding a personal mantra
- Practical training (optional and if possible, in our faculty – the hours are added to the degree)
- 20,000 words essay with the teachers’ support (hours are added to the degree)
Guide to Deepening Course 200h
- This training will completed in 8 two days workshops from November to Juny.
- To complete the Deepening Course, a case study should be conducted, of a case in need of treatment (physical or mental illness)
- Yoga with therapeutic techniques is performed only after a formal medical diagnosis and with simultaneous medical supervision, where necessary
- In no case does yoga replace the attending physician, but it comes adjunctively to help relieve the symptoms and the awareness and treatment of the mental and psychological inner patient involvement
- For this case study, 20,000 words, written in Word document with a font size of 11, will be delivered to the instructors
- To complete the degree, 50 hours of practical teaching are required, either in our faculty or in your own therapeutic department.
- The practice in therapeutic practices in our faculty will be monitored and commented by the instructors every 4 lessons
- It may, in some cases, be taught at the beginning together with a trainer, if necessary
- Your class will be evaluated and commented on every 4 lessons
Paschalia Kasidou Senior Teacher 780h IYF
Stella Fysika Senior Teacher 780h IYF
Eleni Gouma Yoga, Meditation and Indian Philosophy Teacher
Konstantinos Tsourvakas, Physical Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Msc Exercise Physiology